The original story follows.
Those who play Cyberpunk 2077 should be aware that if their save files exceed 8MB, they could become permanently corrupt and unusable.
Compensator MagicTacoSauce Post a public service announcement (PSA) to alert others to this issue, and GOG.com – owned by Cyberpunk 2077 developer CD Projekt Red – offered an overly unpromising response.
“Unfortunately, the preservation is damaged and cannot be restored,” the statement reads. “Please use an older save file to keep playing and try to keep a smaller quantity of items and artifacts. If you have used an item duplication issue, please upload a save file that is not affected by it. The save file size limit may be increased in a future patch, but corrupted files will remain on” This way. “
GOG.com which says it “may be increased in future corrections” may not be the best news for those who like to collect everything and like to make a lot more.
Compensator Ministry of Defense They shared the ways players can check their current save files, which are as follows;
- PC – % Userprofile% Saved games CD Projekt Red Cyberpunk 2077
- Playstation 4 – Settings> Application Saved Data Management> System Storage Saved Data> Cyberpunk 2077
- PlayStation 5- Settings> Storage> [Storage device] > Saved data> PS4 games / PS5 games> Cyberpunk 2077
- Xbox One – My apps and games> Cyberpunk 2077> Menu> Game Management> Saved Data
- Xbox X | S – My games and apps> Cyberpunk 2077> Menu> Manage game and add-ons> Saved data
While this may not affect everyone, it is something to watch. Although this particular issue was not addressed in the just released Hotfix 1.05, several other bugs and glitches have been addressed that should provide a smoother experience.
For more information on Cyberpunk 2077, check out our opinion article on better Cyberpunk entitlement and how players can get a refund if they are not happy with their experience.
Do you tip for us? Want to discuss a potential story? Please send an email to [email protected]